Many companies are seeking to hire professionals with the skills and experience needed for Safety Officer Jobs. These positions offer great salaries and incentives. Scroll down to see the job description and eligibility criteria for Safety Manager Positions.
The last paragraph of this article mentions Vacant Positions.
Click here to see more Safety Officer jobs:
|Job Description||Safety Officer|
|Job Location||All Over UAE|
|Core skills||Telephonic Etiquette|
|Last updated||The 18th of April 2023|
Latest updates on Safety Officer Jobs Dubai
What is a Safety Officer (SOS)?
Safety Officers, or Occupational Health and safety officers, are important members of staff. A Safety Officer’s main responsibility is to create and implement office safety guidelines. A Safety Officer is responsible for the safety and well-being of every employee. The Safety Officer must also ensure that the workplace is in compliance with OHS (Occupational health and safety) policies.
Below are some of the most important responsibilities that a Safety Officer must fulfill.
- Implement OHS policies
- Take action to ensure that the company adheres to these policies
- Safety guidelines for employees should be taught to all staff
- Conduct risk assessment
- Reduce risk by taking precautions
- Check employees regularly for OHS compliance
- Report non-compliance
- Report any other incidents or issues
- Safety is a team effort.
- Working with regulatory authorities to ensure the latest health legislation and guidelines
- Recognize any employee’s specific needs and requirements, and take steps to meet these.
Education and Skills for Safety Officer Job in Dubai:
To be considered for a position, all Safety Officers must have a degree in the relevant field. Ideal candidates should be able to:
- Minimum BSC/BA in safety management/engineering, or relevant field
- Priority will be given to Masters in the relevant fields
- International Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment
- Safety legislation and procedures
- Register or License with the relevant authority
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Arabic is preferred, but English is acceptable.
- Safety management is a skill that can be taught to others.
- Hazardous materials knowledge
- Compilation of data and reports
- Meet deadlines
- Organized and decent personality
- Alert, vigilant, and cautious
In Dubai, almost all safety officer jobs require prior experience. The number of work experience required depends on the job. It is advised that if you have no relevant experience, or are a recent grad, you apply first for an internship or training course in Safety Management.
Safety Officer Jobs in Dubai:
Send your resume to the email provided with each job posting if you want to apply for Safety Officer Jobs Dubai. Click the “apply” link provided with each job post to submit your resume directly on the career page of the company.
Below is the list of vacant positions for Safety Officers in Dubai, with daily updates.
Ocean Drive Contracting Company
Dubai Job Location:
Education: Diploma in NEBOSH
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience on a construction site in the UAE/GCC
Salary: 3000 AED – 5000 AED/month
Timing: 10:00 am – 01:00 pm
Location: Ocean Drive Site office, opposite to International School of Creative Science Nad Al Sheba 3, Dubai
- Responsible for the company’s Health & Safety.
- Maintain and manage policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
- Assessing the health and safety needs of your employees and finding appropriate training providers.
- Assist in implementing safety improvement projects by maintaining, updating and creating standard operating procedures.
- Regularly assess the risks associated with all equipment and work operations.
- Assure that all accidents, if any, are recorded, investigated, and reported (if necessary) as well as recommending improvements.
- Safety inspections, test fire alarms, and fire drills should be conducted. Documentation and follow-up of any actions taken are required.