Assisting teachers in and out of the classroom to create a safe, productive, and clean environment.
- Keep track of the attendance of your children and send a completed attendance form to the office.
- Create class displays, games, and visual materials according to the teacher's instructions. Use bulletin boards are written or drawn that correspond with class topics.
- Displays can be put up or taken down.
- Reaffirm the rules and behaviour of your school/class.
- Notes can be filed in children's reading files. Every morning, check the folders for new notes.
- Make sure all shelves are tidy and that you wipe down the classroom once a month.
- Keep children attentive and focused during lessons to support the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in correcting children's work.
- Listen to the children read their word cards.
- Prepare for activities and clean up after work is done. Prepare equipment and clean up after lessons in art.
- Clean up after snacks. Clean up the table, and clean cups and plates.
- Assist children with their lunches, including getting food from the counter.
- Monitor hygiene and toilet use: Remind children to wash their hands and flush the toilet. If the children are involved in an "accident", the assistant will assist them with changing their clothes.
- Supervise outdoor play.
- Supervise children's nap time or quiet time. Children should be quiet and relaxed if they aren't sleeping.
- Assist with Morning Care supervision and accompany students to kindergarten each morning.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- Only non-native English-speaking candidates
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a group
All employment requirements must be met, including but not limited to: education requirements in the country, certification requirements, references checks and criminal background checks.