Responsible for the efficient and courteous reception of patients. Accept payment from the patient. Assign clerical duties, including patient appointments, keeping logs, creating statistics, ordering office supplies, and stocking them.
- Inform the patient about the cost of the consultation, procedure, radiology test, and medications to be administered, if necessary.
- Accept payments and generate invoices for amounts paid by the patient
- Be familiar with insurance cards, including the deductibles and copayments, if applicable.
- Ensure that you inform the patient and explain the details of the insurance to him/her in a clear manner.
- Answers patient questions in accordance with the clarification of payment.
- Notifies the patient to make an appointment with the doctor.
- Assists in greeting patients and visitors who arrive at outpatient clinics.
- Direct telephone calls, personal inquiries or answers to the appropriate personnel. Answers questions based on hospital and departmental regulations.
- As directed by the supervisor, accepts/completes assignments.
- Registers patients in the computer when they arrive for an appointment.
- After obtaining the data and records of patients, you can open a new chart for your new patients.
Information into the computer
- Verify the patient's financial situation and verify the HMS card. Complete a claim form and have the patient sign it.
- Direct patients to the appropriate department or clinic.
- Update the contact information of patients in the hospital system.
- For new patients, complete the general consent form
- For Walk-in Patients, request the patient's medical records from the Medical Records Department. Assist with orientation as required.
- Bachelor / Diploma
- Minimum of one year of experience in the Health Care Field
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Computer operation
- You must be able to understand both written and oral English
- Communication skills are essential to effectively communicate with patients, coworkers, and supervisors.
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Respects dress code. While on duty, wear identification.
- Participates in departmental education about performance improvement. Participates in departmental orientations and in-service training for department staff members.
- Represents the organization professionally and in a positive manner in the community
- Communicates the mission and ethics of the facility, as well as the department's focus statement.