Assess patient needs and plan, implement, and evaluate patient care in the HDU/ICU. Auxiliary and junior nurses provide safe, ethical nursing care according to Hospital, federal and international standards.
- Actively contributes to the promotion and upholding of University Hospital Sharjah's vision and culture
- Conforms to all UHS policies and procedures.
- Participates in the International Accreditation Program to help UHS achieve and maintain international accreditation standards
- Assists in the implementation of policies, procedures, and standards for nursing practice at the facility, MOH and JCI.
- Plan, evaluate, and assess the nursing care for each patient. This is done by taking into account individuality, abilities, culture, and right to choose.
- Shows concern for patients' privacy and comfort, and is interested in their progress
- Maintains equipment and instruments. Reports any malfunctions to the Bio-Medical department and the nurse in charge immediately.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in nursing, in-service education programs, unit meetings, and committee functions, as directed by the nurse in charge
- Assist in the emergency and safety procedures.
- All incidents are reported through the agreed channels and chain-of-command. The Incident Report is submitted to the nurse in charge. Any immediate action taken is also done
- Keeps unit stock/consumables, and crash cart stock in compliance with facility policy regarding medication expiry dates, safe storage, and consumable items
- Respects patient confidentiality and keeps it up at all costs
- Responsible for attending mandatory training each year as set out on the mandatory training calendar
- Responsible for professional clinical practice. Actively involved in education activities to update knowledge.
- Other job-related duties, as required (within the scope of practice).
- A BSc Nursing/Diploma of Nursing is awarded to graduates of accredited nursing schools. The minimum study period should not be less than three years.
- Minimum 2 years experience after graduation with at least one year in the current specialty
August 22, 2022
November 22, 2022
University Hospital Sharjah
Sharjah, Sharjah, Sharjah, 00000, UAE
AED6,000-AED15,000 Per month