The Manager - Social Content & Campaign will be responsible for driving brand identity and activations across all Majid Al Futtaim’s Carrefour social channels. This person will:
- Establish the rules and processes for creativity among the markets
- Use social media to communicate in a standard way.
- Assist in the development and execution of a corporate social strategy and social executive plan.
- Responsable for all local and regional activations via social media & online, in connection with commercial activity, CSR, and brand equity
- Supervises the Social Media Campaign Manager
- Supervises the Social Media Content Manager
- Together with the brand team, establishes the guidelines for social content creation for Majid Al Futtaim’s Carrefour business.
- Collaborates with the wider content team to create templates and standardised content pieces that can be distributed to a wider audience.
- Establishes best practices in content creation, based on team findings.
- As the social content leader for corporate social accounts, working closely with Director of Communications to ensure that they are implemented and maintained success.
- The production of 60% is owned by the company and shared via its own social channels.
- To understand the key commercial, brand, and CSR timings as well as business goals and objectives, we work with a wide MarComms, operational and country-based executive team.
- Assists in the development of a consumer-facing visual communication suite that is suitable for multiple markets.
Guidelines & Review
- Design the content review & approval processes between Corporate & Market team, including identifying the tools & setting SLAs
- This process is for corporate executive account management and monitoring. It involves escalating cases along the correct path, and highlighting problems to management.
- With Content Manager, develops the content strategy between all communication channels. This includes executive channels, content differentiation, tone-of-voice guidelines and strategies.
- Manages and develops a range of reporting tools to help identify trends and opportunities in creative assets.
- Produces content reports that push deep-dive data towards senior management. This reveals what content resonates with consumers (both B2C and B2B/Executive).
- Owner of the 'Content calendars' for retail businesses and executives, as well as distribution channels
- To understand the key business timings and objectives, and to help lead key social media campaigns, we work with a wide MarComms, operational and country team.
- Overseeing large-scale campaign assets delivery, including collaboration with agencies and production houses.
- Assuring the Campaign Assets are produced to address the key requirements and needs of the campaign. Also, ensuring measurement and distribution of the results post-campaign
- Develops and structures the framework for customer-facing social assets production. This aligns with larger marketing teams and operation/executive teams.
- Effectively ensures that market nuance is captured during campaign production. This sets the stage for campaign development at a central point to ensure that all markets can include communications.
- The guidelines for content development and tonality include design, KVs, and directives for all forms of social content production.
- Establishes brand voice and identity on social media channels. Also leads development of the same for all markets.
- To achieve strategic objectives in country and organisational leadership, define the target audiences and relevant KPIs.
- Develops go to-markets strategies for social media platforms.
Creativity & Community
- Establishes the reporting suite for measuring the performance of centrally produced content. Works with other team members to drive continuous performance improvement of the content to meet audience needs.
- Establishes the approval process. Responsible for appraising local content and ensuring consistency in content production.
- Assists in the development of guidelines and operating manuals for all markets.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Supervises the Social Media Campaigns and Content Managers. This includes the scope, performance, and outcomes of the responsible managers.
- Assist in the execution of the performance management process, including setting objectives, monitoring performance and providing constructive feedback to senior management.
- Mentorship is provided to help develop a talent pipeline for key positions.
- To facilitate training, provide inputs and coordinate with the HC department
- Implement the job-training program for the team
- Contribute to the development of an annual manpower plan
- Ensure that MAF Retail's corporate policies are implemented and any relevant procedures followed
Definition of success
- Follow the brand guidelines and standards for design and content
- All-round improvement in CTRs
- Improved engagement metrics
- SLAs and timelines development, and their adherence
- Distribution and agreement with multiple stakeholders regarding content calendars
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing
- Experience in a similar role for 9+ years is preferred. Retail experience with a track record of success is a plus
- Social Agency experience as a leader for creativity
- Creative and strategic thinking is essential
- Communication skills that are both verbal and written are essential
- Attention to detail is important, especially when it comes to visual assets.
- Understanding social media content and creativity. Also, understanding how it applies to different platforms.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills. Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Expert in negotiation and understanding nuance. Easily influence people at all levels including the C-Suite.
- Fluency in Arabic & English