GEMS World Academy Dubai is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Librarian to assist in the development of our students' independent learning skills through facilitating access to an appropriate print or online content.
- Assist students in finding books that are appropriate for their reading level and interests. Also, helps staff and students find topic-related books to study.
- Responsible for arranging for students to borrow library materials, keeping records of books borrowed and following up on non-returned books.
- Make reading lists for different ages.
- Assist Heads of Department in selecting and preparing annual library orders, including renewal and selection of periodicals subscriptions. Place orders and handle the delivery of new books.
- Computer cataloging all books and producing books catalogs.
- Responsible for storage, maintenance, and access to the audiovisual library.
- Maintain, update, and make available exam material (past papers, etc.). College and career materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the library in a comfortable, well-lit, attractive, organized, and clearly signposted condition.
Candidates must have at least one year of experience in school libraries and a bachelor's degree in Librarianship, Library Science, or similar. The ideal candidate will possess the above skills and be creative, organized and able to communicate effectively with students and staff.