- Assume total responsibility for learning from the initial orientation and training programs when you join the sales team. This is done by the Director of sales and all sales associates.
- Continuously collect, understand, and apply knowledge of food, drink, and technical equipment to the sales and planning process for the client
- Keep a current portfolio of planning information for quick reference during the planning and sales process
- Represent the Hotel effectively in all phone, written, and personal contact with potential, past, and current clients. Warm and friendly guest contact, an always-present willingness to help, and especially a clear desire to welcome client company to the hotel
- All information-sharing communications to the client and other hotel departments should be prepared and updated promptly.
- Assume all responsibility for final preparations before the event and on-the-day to ensure client satisfaction according to the details of planning.
- As directed by the Director, complete all reports promptly
- Keep orderly event files and all pertinent information in proper departmental forms. If another team member is needed to help or if there is a problem following an event, they can be verified.
- All event clients are invited to a heartfelt farewell with a personal letter of appreciation, complete follow-up on outstanding balances, and a touching memento.
- Cross-sell other Mandarin Oriental hotels as necessary
- Within 24 hours of receiving an inquiry, follow up on it and trace all files pertaining to past, current, and potential clients.
- Follow all department guidelines regarding the collection and outlining of advance deposits or final payments, and the clear arrangements for credit accounts with the Credit Manager
- Assist the other members of the professional sales team in achieving business. To produce events that meet the clients' expectations and wishes.
- To meet or exceed your personal monthly, quarterly, and/or annual sales goals.
- All sales efforts should be concentrated on one market segment as agreed upon by the sales team. Minor efforts can also be made on the many other markets being pursued.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales for luxury properties or 5-star hotels
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business Related Discipline
- We are committed to providing a memorable guest experience
- Driven, positive, and with great business acumen
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
August 3, 2022
November 3, 2022
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, 00000, UAE
AED4,500 -AED12,000 Per year