The Sales Development Manager is responsible to optimize the space available and ensure that the assortment reflects quality and efficiency, in accordance with the set positioning and image. The role holder also has to analyze the performance of the categories and organize the report files for management review.
- Do market research to determine customer needs and trends.
- Develop a growth strategy that is focused on customer satisfaction and financial gains.
- Promos and strategies can be implemented to increase store sales.
- Participate in the creation of category studies that identify sales development strategies to increase sales and profits
- Supervise the development and implementation of new concepts for pilot stores, as well as the achievement of advertising profitability.
- Find innovative ideas for product selection in stores
- Assure the implementation of the optimization of space availability
- Analyze the performance of assortments, and suggest changes to category managers
- Prepare reports and monitor the performance of the planogram.
- Initiate category management projects using customer insights data
- After the completion of projects, measure and control profitability
- Ensure that commercial concepts are implemented
- Collaborate with MAF Retail's departments to create bespoke campaigns that will attract customers and maximize financial benefits for the company.
Management of Stakeholders
- Support the stores in question
- Create trainings for the relevant staff about new product ranges. Coordinate with the learning and developmental team to implement the training material
- To create bespoke campaigns, communicate with the marketing department
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Implement the performance management process
- Mentorship is provided to help develop a talent pipeline for key positions.
- Identify training needs, coordinate with the HC department to facilitate training
- Supervise the implementation and development of on-the-job-training
- Assure that the company has the right staff available to assist it in fulfilling its plans and responsibilities.
- Participate in the development of MAF Retail's corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. Monitor their implementation
- Keep abreast of new concepts and help countries to implement best practices.
- All countries must adhere to the same standards
Optimize your store space:
- Assisting Corporate Finance and Data Analytic Team in allocating the appropriate space according to department and section.
- Support new stores by providing analysis and guidance regarding space repartition
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Administration
- Preferably, a Master's Degree in Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Retail experience of 2+ years
- Gross sales volume
- Per square foot sales
- Rate of stock turnover
- Support and training provided for the stores
- Planogram and assortment layout developed
- You have to be a strong planner and organizer.
- Negotiation skills
- Expertise in cross-sell strategies and retail sales
- Communication and presentation skills are essential
- Sales skills that are consultative