This is a great opportunity to join the Aldar family of schools and to shape Abu Dhabi's future school group.
Successful candidates will align closely with our core values and ethos, and have a genuine understanding of and appreciation for the values of the region
- Plan for exceptional teaching and learning in accordance with the school's Teaching and Learning Policy
- Create an environment that encourages excellence in practice by creating a learning climate
- It is important to identify clear learning and teaching objectives.
- Establishing clear goals and building on previous achievements;
- Identifying students with SEN (POD), EAL, and G&T needs and making sure that they are met through differentiation;
- Provide clear structure and planning to support lessons and learning activities that keep pace, challenge, and engage students;
- Effectively using assessment to learn
- Effectively making use of key indicators and performance data to guide planning and deliver differentiated lessons.
- Effective use of ICT to improve learning and progress
- Respecting the school's "Behaviour for Learning Policy" and encouraging good behavior in punctuality, behavior, work standards, and homework.
- You can use these learning objectives to assess how well they have been met and improve certain aspects of teaching and learning.
- Students are marked at least twice a week and given targets to track their progress in accordance the school's Marking Policy.
- Keep records and track student progress.
- Assist in the assessment of students, as required by exam bodies, school procedures and departmental procedures
- Prepare and present informational reports to parents
- Support parent/student events by attending and supporting them
- Participate in subject development by reviewing, updating and revising curriculum plans and work schemes
- CPD and professional reading are two ways to keep your subject knowledge current.
- Cover for absent colleagues;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Principal
- Undergraduate degree & relevant teaching qualification/s
- 2 years of teaching experience
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to the school's vision, IB Philosophy, and Mission Statement
- Passion for teaching and education, as well as a belief that every student has the potential to succeed.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Engagement in professional and continuing development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and organization skills
- Current developments in education
- Understanding child protection and safeguarding