- Set up projects with WBS structures in Xero/Project Module; enter approved owner change orders; review owner contracts.
- As needed, prepare and maintain cash flow analysis and analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, and statement cash flows).
- Responsible for computerized accounting system maintenance, backup control, assisting accounting staff with any questions, and creating computer reports and statements.
- Download/populate/upload and reconcile transaction and payment records, budgets, subcontracts, job costs, bonds, certificates of insurance, releases of liens, payables/receivable records, purchase orders and change orders from Construction ERP, HR, IT, Operations, Inventory, Sales, Procurement & Fleet Management Platforms to Xero Accounting Systems.
- To analyze financial information and to prepare financial reports that are both management-based and external, GAAP is used.
- Keep records of account receivables and deposits. Prepay/accrued expenses. Monthly reconciliation and payment processing for credit card statements.
- Keep the general ledger, and all associated accounts, with all necessary documentation and records. Prepare collection and billing reports.
- Examine monthly job cost reports and project cost tracking records for accuracy and alignment. Make corrections as necessary and prepare final project costs tracking reports after job completion.
- Regularly review General Ledger to verify that cost codes are being used correctly. Create new accounts in the ledger or new transaction codes to ensure accuracy and compliance to established accounting principles.
- Keep fixed asset records and determine the depreciation terms/rates that will apply to capitalized items
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for interim, year-end, and comparative purposes. Also, provide an analysis of current results compared to budgets and/or previous periods.
- Supervise and manage the inventory control process, including coordination of physical inventory and weekly cycle counts. Investigate variances and resolve any issues.
- Expertise in complex business entities, especially for a parent company with multiple subsidiaries
- Experience with accounting for construction costs and software systems like Corecon, Xero, and Procore is required.
- A thorough understanding of standard costs and the associated rates, as well as the ability to create and maintain a cost accounting system that provides verifiable and precise reporting
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis and critical thinking. Excel proficiency is required, including macros, pivot table, VLOOKUP, INDEX MAT, SUMIF advanced functions, and macros.
- Preferably, at least 3 years of experience in the Construction industry, preferably in Cost Accounting or MIS/Financial reporting.
- A bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting from an accredited university, with a major in cost accounting.
- A must-have skill in English communication is written and verbal. Knowledge of the local language is an advantage
- You must be able to work in a team environment, under pressure, and meet deadlines.
September 21, 2022
December 22, 2022
Dubai, Dubai, Dubai, 00000, UAE
AED3500-AED7500 Per month