You are able to organize and prioritize work, as well as the work of others, in order to make the best use of your time. You are a visual and commercial professional with an eye for aesthetics. You are a leader, and inspirer and build strong teams. You desire to make a better home for everyone.
We believe you possess the following knowledge, abilities, and motivation.
- Every day, live and share the IKEA values
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Designing or Architecture, Product Design, Fine Arts, Applied Arts, or both
- IKEA has preferred experience of 5 years in Interior Design.
- Proficiency in Autocad and Sketchup, as well as Revit
- High level of interest and knowledge in home furnishings and how people live
- Experience in project management and store layout
- Information about IKEA store equipment
- Expertise in creative, visual and commercial marketing
- Understanding the market and trends
- Functional thinking. Independent, confident, and creative.
- Leadership skills that are strong
- Ability to manage a group
- Ability to work under pressure
- Designing room sets for the store. JH must consider the following parameters when designing room sets: the brief regarding the "style group" or "Living situation" and the sales priorities for articles to be targeted.
- Start by drawing a floor plan to scale. Then decide on interiors. Once you have received approval from the Sales Manager and Com-In Manager, build the set with the assistance of carpenters.
- Know the latest market trends, fashions and social trends in interior design and home furnishing.
- You must ensure that room sets are kept in a "as new” condition at all times. The JH must inspect the room sets daily and perform regular maintenance such as changing light bulbs or replacing out-of-stock items. IKEA's display standards should be followed when designing room sets.
- As required by the Store Manager or the Restaurant Manager, design and implement the changes in the restaurant's interiors.
- As needed, make changes to the office interiors. The main idea behind the office interior design is to create a comfortable environment for staff members and represent IKEA.
- Coordinate with the commercial calendar's planned marketing activities. Although not all activities will impact the room's decor, major events like Christmas will. Modifications will be required. The sales team may make changes to promote new articles or activities, or to give a boost to products that aren't performing well. These modifications are made to grab the customers' attention.
- Participate in other projects related to activities carried out at the store from time-to-time. You may be asked to rebuild the business area based on feedback received from the range regarding changes in priorities or poor performance.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers when needed, in activities or projects that are planned for store.
People Management & Development
- Make sure that Interior designers are trained in safety and security issues related to this equipment. This will ensure that they can follow regulations and avoid accidents.
- You must ensure that all IDs are properly trained, including the development programs. This will help to protect store performance and future needs.
- Participate in the recruitment process for interior designers.