High-pressure situations require heroes who are able to meet them with focus, determination, and high productivity. You're highly sought after if this is you.
- Under general supervision, the Document Controller performs various document control functions for a department or project.
- Coordinates the flow and distribution of documents among project operations, engineering disciplines, construction teams, or other departments. A small-sized project may require a designated incumbent.
- Knowledge of the processes involved in document control as well as the use of electronic systems to manage documents.
- One or more types of documents are processed through each step according to well-defined guidelines and procedures. Assures that all pre-established document control requirements are met (e.g. which document numbering system is used and how many signatures are required for certain approvals etc. Ensures that all project requirements are met.
- Tracks and receives documents. Uses standard document management programs to register documents and maintain databases. Produces logs, transmittals and other reports, as needed. Other standard office automation programs or department-specific computer software is used to enter data and produce reports.
- For electronic storage, scan documents.
- Based on client, project, department and supplier requirements, maintains a data distribution system and schedule. Review of expedites, signature approval, the release of internally produced documents and supplier documents.
- Some clerical tasks may include light typing, filing, answering telephones, and messenger service.
- Assist junior staff in document control to ensure the effective implementation of project-specific procedures.
- Other duties as required by functional level and responsibilities.
- Contribute as a team player, who is deadline-driven and works well with other people.
- A diploma in a related discipline, with at least 5 years experience in document control in an engineering design or consulting environment.
- You will need to have good keyboard skills as well as a working knowledge MS Windows, including the related word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- An understanding of Electronic Document Management Systems is required for assignments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interact with project personnel, management, and other staff.
August 9, 2022
November 9, 2022
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, 00000, UAE
AED5,000-AED10,000 Per month