Are you looking to join a forward-thinking and award-winning in-house team of software developers? Do you value a positive work environment?
You'll be part of a team that loves new technology and is great at what you do. Our company is growing rapidly and we have a great working environment where our team can work independently while still pulling together to reach our goals.
We are a diverse group, flexible in our work patterns and an equal opportunity employer.
You will need to have the ability to provide valuable and actionable insight in order for this position to be successful. You will be working in the Client Analytics team and you will serve both internal and external clients.
As a support to a data-driven business, you will perform analysis that includes benchmarking and client-level evaluations for key data services as well as collation and interpretation of data from various industry sources.
While you may work in a small group, you can also work independently.
To add value to the analysis output, it is desirable that the analyst has knowledge of the legal and insurance sectors.
- Collect data from both client data submission and data warehouse. Liaising with key contacts as needed.
- If necessary, extraction, cleaning and engineering data ready to be analysed.
- Assisting key clients of Keoghs with analytical insights on claims performance to support their strategy.
- Assisting Keoghs strategic and operational stakeholders in providing analytical insight on internal claims performance to aid handling strategies and opponents-based strategies.
- Identification and acquisition of key open-source data sets in the industry, as well as submission of Freedom of Information Requests if necessary.
- Client-by-client data-driven evaluations of key software offerings. Also, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting in the creation of dashboards that provide easy access to insight analytics for the internal business.
- Present findings in a coherent, coherent, and comprehensible manner, in both written and oral formats.
- Experience working with large amounts of data and strong analytical skills.
- Excel skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- It is desirable to have experience in Power BI and other visualization tools.
- It is desirable for the analyst to have experience in the legal and/or insurance sectors.
- You must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments, ability to think quickly and be able to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You can also be calm under pressure and have sound judgment in complex situations.
- Cooperative and collaborative work is key to achieving common goals with others.
- Open and inclusive attitude, willingness and ability to interact with external and internal parties at all levels of the company.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- You can work well under pressure, and prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Competent user of IT, with a working knowledge of Microsoft products and confidence in embracing new technology.
- Be organized, proactive, and a confident self-starter.
- Demonstrate a commitment-driven attitude
- You must be meticulous and precise, paying attention to every detail.
- Demonstrate teamwork- Contributes actively to a work environment where colleagues work together.
- Demonstrate Agile-Experience Agile Scrum methodology.
- You must have excellent analytical skills, be meticulous and precise and demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- You are able to establish relationships with all levels of stakeholders, including vendors, business and IT personnel, and third-party service providers.
- Proven ability to solve problems and be a problem solver
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills.