Here at Serco, we’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join the team and to take a strategic, customer-centric marketing approach, focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent value add content to attract and retain clearly defined audiences - and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
You will be accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic and engagement, deliver marketing leads, and support customer retention
You will be a highly analytical thinker with authoring skills and an audience-first mindset.
As Part Of This You Will
- Create content for all Leisure websites and all customer operational comms, working closely with the membership management team
- Balance business objectives, stakeholder demands, and trending topics with customer expectations to deliver an impactful and meaningful message
- Editor requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorisation and structure, content development, classification and measurement
- Develop editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Build close working relationships with wider Leisure and Citizen Services marketing teams, to create a content strategy that is integrated with/complementary to defined Leisure and Citizen Services marketing strategies
What You’ll Need To Do The Role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex analysis and insights in a simple and engaging way that elicits action
- Advanced copywriting skills - you'll need to develop, write, and produce premium content
- Proficiency with Google and Social Media Analytics
- Ability to keep things simple and turn complex ideas into easily understood content
- Ability to come up with fresh and appealing ideas and formats for content that reinforces the brand
- Evidence of building an audience or subscriber base
- Competent in using SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices, for LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ideally working as a Content Marketing Manager or similar
What We Offer
- Pension – 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.