Working closely with DP World Business Intelligence, operations, and commercial staff at head office, as well the terminal teams, the business analyst gathers, validates, compares and presents meaningful and accurate business insights to DP World management in order to improve operational processes and better understand the customer's behavior. Business analysts also assist in planning and business modeling.
- Business intelligence solutions are developed through understanding user requirements, data repositories that meet their needs, best practices in business intelligence development, and innovative use of technology and systems. The incumbent will be responsible for developing reports and analytics solutions using SAP Business Objects (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI), etc.
- Provides data and reports as needed, analyzes data requirements for users and projects, and investigates and analyses data disparities.
- Assists in the administration of analytics and reporting systems. Monitors system performance. Creates and maintains documentation for users.
- System support for users at head office, regional offices, and business units
- Uses project management techniques to manage business intelligence projects and other services.
- Continuous research is done on BI market trends, schedules, and service strings. This ensures that all stakeholders and users are aware of the most recent BI best practices.
- Knowledge of container operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) is used to analyze performance, identify trends and correlations, and identify areas for improvement. This is done in close collaboration with the regional team as well as business units.
- Prepares and plans training sessions for terminal users, mostly from overseas.
- Distribute monthly newsletters to users and stakeholders. It includes project highlights, updates and progress, BI news, and guidelines.
- Be familiar with and follow DP World's Code of Conduct and Ethics Policies
- Other related duties may be assigned, such as business development modeling of new terminals or expansions.
- DP World ambassador at all times; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviors that are in harmony with DP World’s principles, values and culture; ensuring safety in all activities; understanding and adhering to DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required in Information Science, Computer Science or Statistics.
- 5 years of experience in business processes analysis and interfaces, including container terminal operations, terminal operation systems (Navis OPUS Zodiac RBS, Zodiac RBS), interpreting system documentation, business process modeling and data flow/context diagramming.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Business Intelligence reports SAP or similar BI applications.
- Great analytical skills.
- Proficiency in relational database concepts, and report writing tools
- Understanding Container Terminal Operations Planning and Operations standards and procedures. Understanding of Operational and Commercial KPIs, and their definitions.
- Ability to communicate and work in multi-cultural and multilingual teams at DP World's head office, as well as DP World's business units and regional offices around the world.
- Excellent organizational skills. Expert in project management, office automation, presentation, and communication tools. Completes all tasks and responsibilities promptly, reliably, and ethically.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key characteristics that make you a good team player in multi-cultural teams. You can also remain calm and cheerful even under stressful circumstances.
- Fluent English language communication is essential for effective communication and reporting.
September 10, 2022
December 8, 2022
Dubai, Dubai, Dubai, 00000, UAE
€13000 -€20000 Per month